Audiology and hearing services
Kaiser Permanente medical offices has five Audiology/Hear Center locations in the Puget Sound area. Providers at these clinics have a doctorate in audiology and are licensed by the Washington State Department of Health.
Our Audiology/Hear Center locations offer a full range of audiological diagnostic testing including:
- Comprehensive hearing evaluation
- Otoacoustic emissions
- Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR)
- Electrocochleography (ECOG)
- Videonystagmography (VNG)
- Vestibular Evoked Myogenic Potential (VEMP)
Rehabilitation and referral services
Once hearing loss is diagnosed, members may be referred to an Audiology/Hear Center for a hearing aid evaluation or to an ear, nose, and throat (ENT or otolaryngology) specialist if medical care is indicated.
Our Audiology/Hear Center locations offer the following hearing products and rehabilitative services:
- Hearing aid evaluation and consultation
- Hearing aid dispensing and rehabilitation (adults)
- Cochlear implant evaluation, fitting, and follow up (adults)
- Bone Anchored Hearing System (BAHS) evaluation and fitting (adults)
- Assistive listening devices
- Custom noise plugs
- Custom swim molds
- Hearing aid maintenance and repair
- Batteries and other hearing aid accessories
Many health plans provide a benefit for hearing aids, bone anchored hearing systems, or cochlear implants. Members should check their coverage agreement or contact Member Services to verify their benefits.
Members with hearing aid benefits must purchase products from our Audiology/Hear Center locations, if available in their service area. If an Audiology/Hear Center is not available in a member's service area, the member may receive diagnostic or hearing aid care from one of our contracted audiologists listed in our Provider Directory.
Audiology/Hear Center Locations
Content on this page is from the provider manual | Disclaimer